1.1 In this Policy, Mijobs, we, our or us is a reference to Mijobs Pty Ltd ACN 641 509 453.
1.2 Personal information is any information about a person where their identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, and includes Sensitive Information (Personal Information).
1.3 Sensitive Information is information or an opinion about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences, health or medical information or criminal records (Sensitive Information).
2. What this Policy is about
2.2 This Policy covers Personal Information collected directly from:
● individuals who access and/or use our website www.mijobs.com.au (Website) or mobile application (App);
● individuals who create an account to post a request for services (Posted Job) on the Website or App (Poster); or
● individuals who create an account to apply for a Posted Job on the Website or App (Tradesperson).
2.3 The Mijobs service is a two-sided platform through which Posters can publish Posted Jobs and Tradespersons can make an offer in response to a Posted Job on the Website or the App (Services).
2.4 We endorse fair information handling practices and uses of information in compliance with our obligations under the privacy laws in force in Australia from time to time. Any information provided, including identification of individuals, will be used only for the purpose/s intended and where the intention includes confidentiality, information will be treated as such unless otherwise required by law.
2.5 This Policy represents the default position that Mijobs will take in its treatment of Personal Information. Mijobs will treat all Personal Information in a manner consistent with this Policy unless you have provided your express consent otherwise.
2.6 If there is any inconsistency between the Act and this Policy, this Policy shall be read and interpreted to comply with the Act.
3. Other Policies and Terms and Conditions
3.1 Your use of the Website and App is also subject to our Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions for your use of our Website and App may be found here: https://www.mijobs.com.au/terms-and-conditions/.
4. Collection of Personal Information
4.1 Mijobs collects the following Personal Information:
● Personal Information about you, which you provide when you register as a Poster or Tradesperson, which may include the following:
▪ your name;
▪ your email address;
▪ your address;
▪ your phone number;
▪ your Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp and/or WeChat username.
● Sensitive Information to the extent that such information is provided by you when you create an account or when you post a Posted Job or apply for a Posted Job.
● Personal Information about our employees, contractors and job applicants, including name, address, contact details and work experience.
4.2 Personal Information will be typically collected:
● when you contact us through our Website or the App;
● when you create an account as a Poster or Tradesperson;
● during other communications between you and us; and
● when you contact or communicate with us by any other means.
4.3 We do not intentionally collect any information from users under the age of 18 (Underage Users) and we will never intentionally or knowingly, share or use the Personal Information or Sensitive Information of Underage Users. We may request that you produce proof of your identity to confirm you are not an Underage User. For the avoidance of doubt, any information provided to as pursuant to a request for proof of identity will not be collected or stored by us.
4.4 If you believe an Underage User has provided Personal Information or Sensitive Information and wish that for it to be deleted, please contact our Privacy Officer, details of which are set out in clause 11.3 of this Policy, and we will delete it within three (3) business days.
4.5 Our Website automatically collects anonymous usage data about visitors, including the URL that the visitor came from, the browser being used and the IP address. This data is utilised to improve the Website and the App and does not include any personally identifying information.
4.6 Mijobs also reserves the right to collect anonymous usage data through other websites and online systems in order to provide our customers with a better user experience. This data does not include any personally identifying information.
4.7 ‘Cookies’ are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored by the web browser on a computer’s hard-drive that enable our system to recognise a visitor to our Website. This helps Mijobs to track basic visitor information for the purposes of optimising the design of our systems and marketing activities.
4.8 Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and this function can be disabled by changing the browser settings of the user.
4.9 Please note that the Website may contain links to other websites which are not hosted or operated by Mijobs. Mijobs is not responsible for the privacy policies of such other websites and you should independently review the privacy policies on such websites.
5. Use of Personal Information
5.1 Mijobs uses Personal Information in the following ways:
● to assist us in providing the Services to you;
● to connect a Tradesperson with a Poster in relation to a Posted Job;
● to connect a Poster with a Tradesperson who advertises on the Website or App;
● to manage your profile and account with us; and
● for our own internal administration purposes;
5.2 We may also use Personal Information we collect for related purposes such as:
● to record information about your usage, preferences and behaviour in relation to the Services, as well as any feedback provided by you;
● when combined with the deidentified Personal Information of other users (in which case such combined information will no longer be personal) to analyse and develop products and services that suit our users;
● to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour;
● to optimise marketing activities, user experience, and content;
● any other use for which we obtain permission from you.
5.3 We do not pass on any Personal Information to third parties except in accordance with this Policy.
5.4 As a user of the Services you have the option to opt in to receive email, promotional material or other updates from us about new information, briefings or products or services being offered by Mijobs or any of its related companies or business partners, along with newsletters and any noteworthy changes to the Website. You may at any time unsubscribe and opt out from receiving these promotional/marketing update messages.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
6.1 Other than disclosure to service providers, Tradespersons and Posters, (explained below) or as required by law (for example, disclosure to Government departments or to Courts), our policy is that we do not give Personal Information to other organisations unless we have disclosed the use in this Policy or you have expressly consented for us to do so.
6.2 We will share Personal Information of Posters to Tradespersons who have enquired about a Posted Job posted on the Website or the App by the Poster to allow the Tradespersons to contact the Poster in relation to the Posted Job. In this context, Personal Information will be shared on a need to know basis, as authorised by you and set out in our Terms & Conditions, to allow the provision of the Services to you. Access to Personal Information will be revoked within a reasonable timeframe of access no longer being required.
6.3 The parties we may also share Personal Information with are employees, subcontractors, suppliers and affiliates of Mijobs and on a need to know basis and third parties, as authorised by you, to allow the provision of the Services to you. Access to Personal Information will be revoked within a reasonable timeframe of access no longer being required.
6.4 We may also disclose your Personal Information to our Website and App host or business service providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our Website or App experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner. Access to Personal Information by these parties is subject to such parties protecting your Personal Information to at least the degree set out in this Policy, and such access will be revoked within a reasonable timeframe of access no longer being required.
6.5 Occasionally, Mijobs might also use Personal Information for other purposes or share Personal Information with another organisation because:
● we believe it is necessary to protect your rights, property or personal safety;
● we believe it is necessary to do so to prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements – for example, we may share information with other, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and fraud prevention units; or
● we believe it is necessary to protect the interests of Mijobs – for example, disclosure to a Court in the event of legal action to which Mijobs is a party.
6.6 When we share information with other organisations and service providers as set out above, we do so in accordance with this Policy. To the extent that these organisations and service providers gain access to Personal Information, their use is governed by their own privacy policies, the Privacy Act and any other relevant law.
6.7 In the event that Mijobs is sold or merged with another entity, the data, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to the purchasing entity, which would be bound to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 in relation to the access, storage and use of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information would not be disclosed to a buyer in either circumstance, other than as a part of the transfer of all data related to the Website to that buyer.
7. Confidentiality and Data Security
7.1 All Personal Information collected is stored on secure servers in the United States and may be transmitted overseas for the purposes of storage on these servers.
7.2 We take all reasonable steps to manage data stored by us to ensure data security and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information. Notwithstanding the above, Mijobs is not responsible for any third-party access to Personal Information as a result of:
● interception while it is in transit over the internet;
● an unpatched vulnerability, a zero-day vulnerability, or an attack within 48 hours of a vendor releasing a patch or update;
● spyware or viruses on the device (such as a computer or phone) from which you access our Website or otherwise contact us; or
● as a result of your failure to adequately protect your username or password (if applicable).
7.3 Mijobs is also not responsible for any losses, expenses, damages and costs, including legal fees, resulting from such third-party access.
7.4 If we have reasonable grounds to believe that your Personal Information that we hold may be subject to unauthorised access or disclosure (eligible data breach), we will investigate and assess the suspected eligible data breach to determine whether the eligible data breach is likely to result in serious harm to you (Notifiable Data Breach). If a Notifiable Data Breach occurs, then we will notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable after we become aware of the Notifiable Data Breach in accordance with our obligations under the Act. We will comply in every way with our obligations under Part IIIC – “notification of eligible data breaches” of the Act.
8. Retention and Disposal of Personal Information
8.1 We will retain Personal Information for as long as is required for us to fulfil the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected, including where applicable to provide you with the Services and to comply with legal requirements.
8.2 If we no longer require Personal Information for any purpose, including legal purposes, we will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information.
9. Access to Personal Information
9.1 You can request access the Personal Information held about you at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer.
9.2 We will always endeavour to meet requests for access. However, in some circumstances we may decline a request for access. This includes the following circumstances:
● we no longer hold or use the information;
● providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other persons;
● the request is frivolous or vexatious;
● the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not normally be disclosed as part of those proceedings;
● providing access would be unlawful; and
● providing access would be likely to prejudice the detection, prevention, investigation and prosecution of possible unlawful activity.
9.3 If we decline a request for access, we will provide reasons for our decision when we respond to the request.
9.4 We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for access to your Personal Information. These charges will be limited to the cost of recouping our expenses for providing you with your Personal Information, such as document retrieval, photocopying, labour and delivery.
9.5 Despite anything contained in this Policy to the contrary, if the Freedom of Information Act 1982 applies to a person on whose behalf we hold Personal Information, the access and correction requirements in the Act operate alongside and do not replace other informal or legal procedures by which an individual can be provided access to, or correction of, their Personal Information.
10. Changing or deleting Personal Information
10.1 We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collecting the Personal Information from you, using or disclosing the Personal Information, or during other interactions with you.
10.2 If you believe that any Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, you may contact our Privacy Officer.
10.3 We will do our best to correct any Personal Information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date or dispose of it in accordance with this Policy.
11.2 If you have a complaint in relation to the way your Personal Information has been handled by Mijobs, the complaint should be made in writing to our Privacy Officer in the first instance. Mijobs will investigate the complaint and prepare a response to you in writing within a reasonable period of time.
11.3 Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by:
Phone: 0488 968 863
11.4 From time to time, our policies will be reviewed and may be revised. Mijobs reserves the right to change this Policy at any time.